Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Leftovers

My ex-husband and I attended the wedding of one of the ladies that worked for him back around 2000.  Being the nut that I am, I decided they needed a quilt for the wedding.  Yeah, and I decided this a couple of weeks before the wedding.  I know, we've all been there and done that.  Needless to say, the quilt didn't get done by the time of the wedding, but it did get done before their first anniversary.  This little quilt was made with some of the leftovers from the wedding quilt.  My camera doesn't do the colors justice.  The fabric has several shades of blue and a mossy green in it.  I fell in love with it the minute I saw it, and I'm not really a blue person.

When I discovered I had enough fabric left over for a mini, I knew I wanted a bears paw.  This has always been one of my favorite blocks.  The quilt measures 20" square and is not paper pieced.  Like the Mary E. quilt, it has been in my office, several cubicles and now resides on the wall of my sewing room.

No comments:

Post a Comment