Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A frosty wreath

This is my paper pieced Mona Lisa!!  Again, my poor camera doesn't do the fabric justice as they are all Fairy Frosts.  Unfortunately I can't remember who the pattern is by.  I know I still have a copy of the pattern buried somewhere in the sewing room.

Anyway, this was definitely a labor of love.  It has 20 flower blocks in it and each one has many seams.  I believe at one point I thought it was going to be the never ending quilt.  As you can tell, I haven't gotten around to the actual quilting part.  I'm scared to death to quilt it!  Isn't that just silly??  It's so pretty I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up - LOL.  The quilt is about 21" unfinished.  And one day soon I WILL tackle it.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Steph, welcome to the FUN land of BLOG!! you're quilts are GORGEOUS!! cheers, Marian x

    http://marianedwardsdreamweaver.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Blog World Stephanie, love your quilts :)) Your blog looks fantastic. I am just a beginner, that's why I signed up on the SMTalk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stephanie! You are making a very nice transition into blogland. I love this quilt. It is just beautiful. Loved your first quilt story...
    will be checking back in to see what else you are up to (and will see you on the Small Talk group)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. the detail on this is amazing. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing the pictures and stories behind all three quilts. I paper-piece out of necessity, not love. It can make very small projects achievable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love paper piecing and your block looks likes one of Carol Doak's designs. If you want to join a great group for paper piecing this is it. Carol Doak Yahoo group.

    ReplyDelete