Monday, October 11, 2010

Introductions...

I've been a database geek and developer for almost 20  years and this is my FIRST foray into the blogging world.  Wonder what took me so long?? :-)

I'm a native of the Pacific Northwest...born and raised there.  Just over two years ago I moved from the lush green to the beautiful desert for both physical and mental stability (there's a story about an ex-husband there).  The move was life changing and life affirming for me.  I've truly blossomed here in the desert.  With both of my children now out of the home I have more time to devote to crafting (in theory).  

As usual I have lots of WIPs going on.  My current ones include two lap quilts that have the tops done and are waiting for me to finish the quilting.  I also have a baby blanket that I'm knitting and a couple of cross-stitching pictures that need some attention as well.  The hard part is finding time to do all of them!

I'm contemplating getting into the writing game.  I'd love to put together some quilts for a small book.  We'll see how it goes.  I also have some ideas for a novel as well.  But again, it's all about time.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Stephanie!
    Glad to see you've joined the blog world of friends and sharing! I love quilting and embroidery...especially Redwork.

    You might consider adding a FOLLOWERS column to the side bar of bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to "bloggie world", hope you have a lot of fun.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete