Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Where does the time go?!?

Wow, last time I sat down and wrote in the blog Gary and I had just decided on a wedding date.  Time has flown by since then.

Let's see, Mom and my daughter moved in with me (at different times).  So we now have three generations living in one condo.  And my daughter has "dognapped" my mini Schnauzer.  He only belongs to me when he is 1) acting out or 2) needs to be walked.  We're having a great time living together.

Hosted Thanksgiving here at the condo for Gary's family and my mom.  It was a great success.  We had a ton of food and I had been worried that we wouldn't have enough.  We played Wii after dinner and had a fabulous time playing Just Dance 2.  Even Gary's 78 year old mother got her groove on!  Go Lora!!!

Then came Christmas right on the heels of a stressful deadline at work.  Christmas was wonderful (with the exception of the ER visit on Christmas Eve when daughter's kidneys decided to cause some problems).  Gary and I had our first Christmas exchanging presents and it was wonderful.

And let's not forget:  we got married on December 28th in Las Vegas.  No, Elvis did NOT marry us.  Both of my kids were there as was Mom.  My son walked me down the aisle wearing his Class A uniform -- he's a Private First Class in the U.S. Army.  One of my dearest friends in the world was my maid of honor.  Gary's sisters, brother-in-law, niece and nephew-in-law, sons and aunt and uncle were also present.  It was a great time!  And I finally got to marry my Prince Charming!

With the beginning of the year came the reality of getting back to work.

And I haven't done ANY quilting since then!  I've done a little knitting and some cross stitching.

Hope everyone had a great holiday season and you are elbow deep in quilts!!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment